National Board scoring participates who have served for two consecutive years are eligible to receive a fee waiver of $300 when applying to obtain or renew National Board Certification.
- Access the Fee Waiver Form.
- Complete the "Assessor Information" section of the Fee Waiver Form. This form may be completed electronically, but must contain an original signature.
- Submit the completed and signed Fee Waiver Form to Pearson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your previous employment with Pearson has been verified by a member of the Human Resources team, your completed form will be forwarded to NBPTS for processing.
- Fee waiver applicants must have served as National Board scoring participants for two consecutive years with Pearson.
- The scoring staff waiver fee can only be used once per applicant. Both new NBCT applicants and NBCT renewal applicants are eligible to use the fee waiver once.
- The scoring staff fee waiver form may be submitted after establishing an account, receiving a NBPTS Candidate ID number, and purchasing NBC or Renewal.
- Fee waivers will not be honored after published payment deadlines.
- The scoring staff fee waiver is available for use for two cycles: the cycle that is open at the time scoring commences and the next immediate cycle. This enables eligible applicants to couple the fee waiver with state or local spring funding opportunities (where applicable). This also enables renewal candidates to use the fee waiver in the following year if the renewal applicant is not eligible for renewal when the waiver is submitted to Pearson.